Local students have earned the esteemed honor of placement on the Dean's List at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) for the fall 2012 semester:
- Gabriel Randazzo, a Junior Art Education major;
- Paige Aiello, a Senior Communication Studies major;
- Megan Barlow, a Junior Graphic Design major;
- Robine Nucum, a Junior Graphic Design major;
- Alexandra M. Block, a Junior Music Education major;
- Jason Hui, a Junior Music Education major;
- Valentine Kuntz, a Junior Music Education major;
- Thomas Ploskonka, a Sophomore Music Education major;
- Justin Ploskonka, a Freshman Music Education major;
- Jonathan Yuresko, a Senior Music Education major;
- Martin Faynor, a Freshman Accountancy major;
- Thomas Lagerman, a Freshman Accountancy major;
- Michael Olivola, a Freshman Accountancy major;
- Michael Palantone, a Junior Accountancy major;
- Irina Wiercinski, a Senior Accountancy major;
- Kevin Barry, a Junior Finance major;
- Kyle Magliaro, a Senior Marketing major;
- Sarah Rosenblum, a Senior Marketing major;
- Devon Ziminski, a Sophomore Marketing major;
- Evan Edelman, a Freshman Open Option-Business major;
- Danielle Levine, a Senior Criminology major;
- Kevin Ellis, a Freshman English major;
- Julianne Giolli, a Junior English Secondary Education major;
- Craig Ismaili, a Sophomore English major;
- Patrick McAvaddy, a Freshman History major;
- Sarah Ponsini, a Freshman History Secondary Education major;
- Joseph Dicarlo, a Sophomore Political Science major;
- Thomas Kozlowski, a Freshman Political Science major;
- Jessica Bench, a Freshman Psychology major;
- Ryan Brzycki, a Senior Psychology major;
- Jessica Gorham, a Sophomore Psychology major;
- Dana Landesman, a Senior Psychology major;
- Edward Brown, a Senior Elementary Education - M/S/T major;
- Carlin Dunne, a Senior Elementary Education - M/S/T major;
- Catherine Meyer, a Senior Elementary Education - M/S/T major;
- Stephanie Pereira, a Senior Elementary Education - M/S/T major;
- Jennifer Sharo, a Sophomore Early Childhood major;
- Alyssa Mangel, a Sophomore Special Education major;
- Matthew Van Biervliet, a Sophomore Mechanical Engineering major;
- Kathleen Burns, a Senior Nursing major;
- Elizabeth Magee, a Senior Nursing major;
- Lauren McKay, a Freshman Biology major;
- Natalie Nguyen, a Junior Biology/SUNY Optometry major;
- Stephanie Silleck, a Senior Biology major;
- Mitchell Vaughn, a Freshman Biology major;
- Ryan Chin, a Sophomore Chemistry (ACS - Research) major;
- Daniel Thielke, a Freshman Computer Science major;
- Elyssa Levine, a Freshman Pre-Math Secondary Education major.
To achieve this honor, a student must carry 12 or more credits that semester and have a 3.5 grade point average or above.
The University of Scranton has announced its Dean's List, which recognizes students for academic excellence during the 2012 fall semester. A student must have a grade point average of 3.5 or better with a minimum number of credit hours to make the Dean's List. The list includes students from the Jesuit university's College of Arts and Sciences, the Kania School of Management, the Panuska College of Professional Studies and the College of Graduate and Continuing Education. A total of 1,300 students were named to the Dean's List, including the following list of area residents.
- Catherine Boylan is a junior biochemistry, cell and molecular biology major;
- Joseph Costello is a freshman undeclared major;
- Cody Fagan is a senior Communication major;
- Joseph Hoffman is a junior Exercise Science major;
- Melissa McEnroe is a sophomore Exercise Science major;
- Matthew Mosko is a senior Secondary Education - Citizenship/History major;
- Deanna Russo is a sophomore Occupational Therapy major.
Brittany Dinin and Alyssa Davidson were named to Delaware Valley College dean's list, Dr. Bashar Hanna, Delaware Valley College's vice president for academic affairs and dean of the faculty, announced.
Andrew Lubin, a freshman majoring in Mechanical Engineering, made the Dean's List at Drexel University for the winter quarter. To make the Dean's List, a students must be enrolled full time and get a 3.6 grade point average.
Chelsea Espinosa was named to the Honor Roll at Cheshire Academy in Cheshire, Conn. Chelsea is a ninth-grade student at the school.
Erin Cascio and Andrew Messina were among the 1,329 students who earned Dean's List honors for the fall 2012 semester at SUNY Oneonta. To qualify for the Dean's List, undergraduate students must earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher while carrying a course load of 12 semester hours or more.
Elizabeth Anne Berry, Fayth M Risso and Sarah A Merolla were named to the dean's list at the University of Rhode Island.
The following James Madison University students have been named to the dean's list for the fall 2012 semester:
- Vanessa Burshnic, a junior whose major is communication sciences and disorders;
- Alexis Cavallo, a freshman whose major is undeclared;
- Nicolette Minutillo, a senior whose major is communications studies;
- Meghan O'Reilly, a senior whose major is history;
- Kaylee Sabatino, a freshman whose major is music;
- Alexandra Wysocki, a junior whose major is communications studies;
- Erika Yurcisin, a senior whose major is health sciences.
Students who receive dean's list honors must carry a semester course load of at least 12 graded credit hours and earn a GPA of between 3.5 and 3.899.
Christina Kwon was named to fall 2012 dean's list at Wilkes University, Interim Provost Terese Wignot announced.
Courtney Payne and Nateka Scafe were named to University of Hartford dean's list for fall 2012.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute has announced that Emanuel Demaio, a junior majoring in robotics engineering, was named to the university's Dean's List for academic excellence for the fall 2012 semester.