Hillsborough High School teacher Roberta Henry has been named the school district’s Teacher of the Year.
Henry will now be considered, with teachers of the year from other districts, to be Somerset County Teacher of the Year. If she earns the county honor, she will be eligible to be considered as New Jersey Teacher of the Year.
Henry, who teaches family and consumer science, has taught in the district since 1996, Superintendent of Schools Jorden Schiff said at Monday’s school board meeting.
Henry runs the high school’s pre-school program and teaches independent living for special education students, the superintendent said.
“She challenges them every day with new experiences,” Schiff said.
Henry was also named Teacher of the Year at the high school.
Other teachers of the year in the district are:
- Amsterdam: Lisa Caudill, fourth grade.
- Auten Road: Ann Cartmell, fifth grade.
- Hillsborough: Karen McKenna, third grade.
- Middle School: Linda Suozzo, speech.
- Sunnymead: Maureen Mullin, fourth grade.
- Triangle: Sandi Smith, kindergarten.
- Woodfern: Amy Fidacaro, third grade.
- Woods Road: Amy Mele