I am having one of those days where, after a long day of travel, I cannot sleep or focus on one topic very long. This is not new for me, rather a state of mind travel has caused for at least the past 30 years. As a result, I do not go far from home very often but sometimes life gets in the way. The good thing is, I get a chance to clear loose ends out of my memory bank so here we go!
- The state of NJ reported unemployment at 9.8% just about the honorable Governor Christie was invited to give the keynote address at the Republican National Convention so I am happy to hear he will not talk about the recovery process as part of his speech.
- I am anxious to see clear cut details from both Presidential candidates on how they will create jobs and reduce unemployment.
- Not-for-profit organizations seem to be hiring development professionals with a flare for engaging new financial supporters. If you have a solid marketing or fundraising background, this might be an avenue to explore.
- With the price of gasoline rising nationwide, I wonder if increased transportation costs to deliver goods to market will start us on another economic downturn.
- On a completely different subject, please remember that an 8 page resume is way too long to submit for job opportunities.
- On yet a different front, is Roger Clemens serious about making a comeback at age 50?
- I was in a well known donut shop chain's shop in Easton, PA today and saw an example of how to treat customers exceptionally well. No matter what type of work you do, make sure you put forth your best effort every day!