When you’re a kid, there’s often no better place to be than the . When you're a caretaker, those programs can provide a much-needed break.
That’s probably why many of the kids programs fill up so quickly—and why many require an RSVP in advance of the program date.
As a result, Hillsborough Patch will be tweaking how Take Five handles the library’s happenings. Instead of listing the events day-of, we’ll try to give one day’s notice for the events, so people can RSVP earlier.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know It’s Missing: Marek Gabor and Denisa Jancusova report that their poodle, Benji, is missing. He has special medical needs, so please call them at 908-892-0658 if you’ve seen him. His photo is .
- You Need to Know About Budgets: The Board of Education meets at 7:30 p.m. at , for a preliminary hearing on the 2012-2013 school budget. Interested in what’s in the budget but can’t make the meeting? Be sure to follow @HillsBoroPatch for updates from the presentation and look for a full story on the site tomorrow.
- You Need to Know About Science: Children ages four, five and six can learn about science through stories and hands-on concepts at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday at the . You’ll need to call the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14 to let them know you’re coming.
- You Need to Know What to Do After School: Children in grades three to five can also spend a day learning about science, during a program at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Parents will need to secure a spot for their children by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know About Teens: Teens who are interested in programs can share their views on what they would like to see—and what’s in the works—during the Teen Advisory Board meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday. They’ll want to register ahead of time by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14, so the library can provide enough snacks for everyone.