Woods Road Elementary School
(908) 431-6600, option 4, option 6
Woods Road Elementary School, one of the district's six elementary schools, houses grades kindergarten through four.
The school also has a preschool class for special needs students, and a transitional primary class for students who finished kindergarten but are not ready for first grade.
Students focus on language arts including reading, writing, spelling and handwriting, math, science, social students, physical education, health, music, art and foreign languages while at the school.
In addition, the school has spirit Fridays on the first and third Friday of the month, when students and staff show their school pride. The school emphasizes six character education traits during each month, with the month's lesson culminating in a school-wide assembly to acknowledge how each class embodied the month's trait.
Community outreach projects are a pillar for the school as well. Students have supported the Samaritan Homeless Interim Program and conducted book and clothing drives. Annual school celebrations include Read Across America Day, Young Author's Day, Field Day, and the school's science fair.
Principal Jodi Howe leads the school, and the mascot is Striker the Wildcat.
- Fax: (908) 874-0496
- Hours: Transitional Primary through Fourth Grade: 8:30 a.m.- 3:05 p.m.; Morning Kindergarten: 8:30 a.m.-11:17 a.m.; Afternoon Kindergarten: 12:17 p.m.-3:05 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap parking spaces
- Number of students: 433
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8:1, according to New Jersey School Report Card data for 2008-2009
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 75
- Grade levels: Kindergarten through Fourth, with special needs preschool
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Sports teams: Hillsborough Township Recreation handles sports for students in kindergarten through fourth grade. As a result, Woods Road School has no school-based sports teams.