908-431-6600, option 4, option 5
Woodfern Elementary School, one of the district's six elementary schools, educates students in kindergarten through 4th grade in a section of Hillsborough known for its farms. The school also hosts the district's autism program for students in preschool through fifth grade, and a transitional primary program for students who have completed kindergarten but are not yet ready for first grade. Students focus on language arts, including reading, writing, spelling and handwriting; math; science; social studies; physical education; health; music; art and foreign language at the school. The Home and School Association provides curriculum additions for Woodfern Elementary, as well as money for school assemblies and activities. Principal Anthony Caparoso leads the school, and the mascot is the Woodfern Road Runner.
- Fax: 908-369-0781
- Hours: Transitional Primary through Grade Four: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 3:05pm. Morning Kindergarten: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 11:17am. Afternoon Kindergarten: 12:17pm - 3:05pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking and ramps at the location
- Number of students: 435
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10.7 : 1, according to New Jersey School Report Card data from 2008-2009
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 54
- Grade levels: Kindergarten through fourth, with preschool classes for autistic students.
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Sports teams: None
- Uniforms: No