Formed in 1948, Hillsborough Volunteer Fire Co. No. 2 was the second fire department formed in Hillsborough. The department responds to calls from Hillsborough, Somerville, Manville and Montgomery, since it is situated on the Route 206 corridor.
While the company responded to barn and brush fires when formed, it now responds to vehicle, house, industrial, train and airplane fires, and motor vehicle accidents. The department has seven vehicles, including two engines, a ladder truck, a brush fire truck, a tanker truck, a tactical support vehicle and a command unit. The company sponsors Boy Scout Troop #89, and its own softball and bowling leagues.
- Founding Date: 1948
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of trucks: 7
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Volunteer