Hillsborough Middle School
908-431-6600, option 2
Hillsborough's public school for seventh and eighth grade students initially housed the district's sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students before the district moved the sixth grade to Auten Road Intermediate School. Principal Joe Trybulski leads the school. The school maintains a "Stronger Together" mentality, and encourages collaboration between students, teachers, parents and administrators. The school groups each grade into five seventh and five eighth grade teams, with a group of teachers teaching each of the subjects to the students in those teams. Though the students spend the entire day with their team, the school's clubs, bands, choir, sports and other extracurricular activities allow students to interact across their grades.
- Hours: Day begins: 9am; dismissal: 3:36pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap parking spaces, doors, and bathrooms are available.
- Number of students: 1,254
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Accreditation/licenses: National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, 1996
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 9.7:1, according to New Jersey School Report Card data for 2008-2009
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: seven and eight
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Student clubs: Hillsborough Middle School has approximately 40 clubs, covering publications, performing arts, sports, fine arts, academics, and service disciplines. Notable clubs include the school's Robotics Club, Girls on Track, Student Council, and bands and choirs.
- Sports teams: Hillsborough Middle School has 12 competitive sports teams for which students can try out. The sports include boys and girls soccer, field hockey, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls basketball, wrestling, boys and girls lacrosse, and softball.