Hillsborough High School
908-431-6600, option 1
Situated on the road bearing the name of school's mascot, the Raider, Hillsborough High School is led by Principal Karen Bingert. Students attend college preparatory, enriched or advanced placement courses in English, math, science, history, art, music, foreign languages and a variety of elective courses. Electives include psychology, sociology, genocide and holocaust studies, and technology and computer courses.
In addition to the academics, the school boasts several award-winning extracurricular programs including its marching band, debate team, robotics team, and others. The school has 29 athletic teams, and boasts two grads who are now professional football players — Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Ricky Proehl and New York Giants center Shaun O'Hara. The school's annual Spirit Night, Shelter from the Storm fundraiser, and school musical have become traditions for many students.
- Fax: 908-874-3762
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:27am - 2:25pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking, bathrooms, and an elevator within school
- Number of students: 2,387
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Graduation rate (%): 98.3
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11.8:1, according to New Jersey State Report Card Data from 2008-2009
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: Nine through 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Hillsborough High School offers 12 academic teams, nine honor societies, 12 performance groups, four publications, five student government organizations and nine service organizations.
- Student clubs: The school has more than 20 clubs covering entertainment, games, sports, arts, and other interests, including anime, fencing, weightlifting and sculpture.
- Sports teams: 29 different sports teams encompass freshman, junior varsity and varsity athletics. Athletic director Michael Fanizzi runs the department.