Amsterdam Elementary School
908-431-6600, option 4, option 1.
Amsterdam Elementary School, one of six elementary schools in Hillsborough Township, houses grades kindergarten through fourth. The school also has four self-contained special education classes and a transitional primary class for students who completed kindergarten but are not prepared for first grade.
Students at the school focus on literacy skills, math, social studies, science, health, physical education, foreign language, art and music. Principal Mary Ann Mullady leads the school, whose mascot is the eagle.
- Fax: 908-874-6101
- Hours: Transitional primary through fourth grades: First morning bell: 7:40am. Second morning bell: 7:50am. First dismissal bell: 2:20pm. Second dismissal bell: 2:25pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap parking spaces; ramps within school
- Number of students: 520
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10.9:1, according to New Jersey School Report Card Data from 2008-2009.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 50
- Grade levels: Kindergarten through fourth grade
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Sports teams: The Hillsborough Township Recreation Department handles sports teams for kindergarten through fourth grades. As a result, Amsterdam Elementary School has no school-based sports teams.