The voted Monday to create a 10-month assistant athletic director position for the school district.
Under the job description, the assistant athletic director must hold or be eligible for certification as a principal, supervisor and physical education teacher.
Besides serving as supervisor of K-12 physical education and the interscholastic sports program at the middle school, the assistant athletic director will also be a teacher, in addition to assisting the director of athletics.
The job description outlines 56 responsibilities for the assistant athletic director, including hiring officials for home games, arrange for custodians, police officers and firefighters to attend home games, attend all booster club meetings, supervises all coaches and performs scheduling.
Board Member Judith Haas voted against the position, saying the job description was “overwhelming.”
“What’s the rationale?” she asked.
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources Scott Rocco said the job will be split with 20 percent as a teacher at the high school, with the remaining 80 percent divided between overseeing sports at the middle school and supervising physical education teachers.
The board also hired three technology professional development trainers. Todd MacDonald and Debra Rooyakkers will earn $65,000 from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013, while Kay Toke will earn $55,330 pro-rated from July 1 to Aug. 31.