The latest rainfall has caused road closures and traffic jams all-too-reminiscent of scenes caused by Hurricane Irene a little more than a week ago.
As of 8:45 a.m., township police were reporting that the following entry/exit roads were closed due to flooding:
- Basilone Bridge
- Blackwells Mills Bridge
- Blackpoint Road
- Opie Road Bridge
Flooding has also resulted in the following closures:
- The entire length of Sunnymead Road
- River Road and Riverside Drive
- Blackwells Mills Causeway
- Millstone River Road between Amwell Road and Amsterdam Drive
- Mill Lane between Clawson Avenue and River Road
- Dukes Parkway West/206 to Roycefield Road
- Millstone River Road between Amsterdam and Yorktown
- Dukes Parkway East between Route 206 and Taylor Avenue
- Old York Bridge between Bridgewater and Branchburg
- Millstone River Road between Amsterdam Drive and Yorktown Road in Millstone
Police report that the Studdiford Bridge, which had been closed this morning, was reopened just before noon and that the section of River Road between Roycefield Road and Beekman Lane reopened at 1 p.m., although the Basilone Bridge remains closed.
The flooding and closures led to traffic jams along Route 206 and the local roads that feed into it.