If you're thinking this weekend is the time to get the soon-to-be-decorated evergreen, here are some local places where you can get a tree (and some where you can even chop your own!)
- The Tower Club – the men's group at Bishop Janes United Methodist Church - is holding their annual tree sale at 22 South Finley Avenue. All money raised goes to support a variety of charities. Hours for the tree sale are Monday through Friday, 12 noon to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (The group also needs volunteers to sell the trees. If you're willing, you can sign up at VolunteerSpot, posted on the church's webpage.)
- The Manville-Hillsborough Elks is holding their 23rd annual Christmas Tree Sale at the Lodge at 1500 Brooks Boulevard. The sale runs through the 24th, and the hours are Monday through Friday, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., and weekends, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. All proceeds benefit children's causes, including an Elks camp scholarship. For more info, call 908-966-0027.
- Bizup's Tree Farm, 230 Route 206 South. For over 30 years, Bizup Tree Farm has been a family-owned and operated tree business. All their trees are cut from their Pennsylvania farm where they plant, harvest and shape the trees year round. The supply is replenished every week from Thanksgiving through Christmas. Hours for the Hillsborough location are Mon. - Fri., 12 noon - 9 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Sun., 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. For more info, call 908-756-6468.
- Central Jersey Nurseries, 18 Hamilton Road. Fresh tree supply, offered weekdays and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more info, call 908-359-4652.
- Mount Bethel Fire Company, 128 Mount Bethel Road. The fire company is holding their annual tree sale. Hours are Weds. - Fri., 6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.; weekends, 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Christmas Tree Farms
- Cherryville Farms, 352 Quakertown Road, Pittstown. Got a yen to cut your own tree? Or have someone do it for you, right in front of the entire family? Cherryville operates only on weekends, but they have 1,000 trees priced at about $8 a foot. Hours are weekends, 9 a.m. until dark. For more info, and details on the available trees, call 908-806-4580.
- Wightman's Farms, Route 202, 1111 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Morristown. It's a farm, offering a wide variety of produce and crafts - and Christmas trees. Hours are Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., from Dec. 5 to 20; 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.. weekends.
Did we miss a place with a great Christmas tree selection? Tell us where in the comments below!