Flags will fly half-staff in Hillsborough today in memory of Hillsborough Township Police Lieutenant Victor Kubisch.
Lt. Kubisch passed away Friday night, according to an announcement made during Tuesday night’s Township Committee meeting. He served Hillsborough Township as a police officer since 1981, and retired in 2011.
An obituary printed in the Courier News and available on Legacy.com states the cause of death as Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know It’s Cancelled: Today’s Preschool Book Club at the Hillsborough Public Library is cancelled due to lack of heat in the program room.
- You Need to Know It’s Also Cancelled: A 6:30 p.m. library program on the favorite foods and drinks on past presidential families is cancelled, also due to lack of heat in the program room.
- You Need to Know About the Civil War: The Macculloch Hall Historical Museum, 45 Macculloch Ave in Morristown, hosts . The exhibit runs through today, and the museum is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. It’s $8 to get in.
- You Need to Know About Religion: If you’re looking to discuss the Bible, has at 7:30 p.m. tonight.
- You Need to Know It’s the First Saturday of March: and that means Somerset County residents can drop off textiles, tires, scrap metal, anti freeze, computers, televisions, printers and other equipment at the Somerset County Recycling center on Polhemus Lane in Bridgewater on Saturday. The center will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday for drop-offs.