The want you to put the phone down if you're driving.
That's why officers will be conducting a six-month crackdown on texting and talking on cell phones while driving that will begin in March. The campaign includes traffic patrols looking for drivers on their phones specifically, and will continue until September.
Those caught texting or taking without a hands-free device while driving will be subject to fines, according to police.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know About Stories: The hosts a Special Story Time for children ages two to six that focuses on tools and the cool things they do. The 10 a.m. program is open to Somerset County Library cardholders, but you’ll need to ensure there are still open spots by calling the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know About Butter: Ever wonder about butter and butter substitutes? Rachel Simpers, ’s in-store dietician, offers where she’ll explain what to look for on the label and which ones are best for heart health.
- You Need to Know To Catch a Movie: The has a 1:30 p.m. showing of the Debt today. The movie’s R-rated, and will be shown on the library’s big screen. RSVP for the showing by calling 908-369-2200.
- You Need to Know About Words: If you went to the first introduction to Microsoft Word, the second half of the program is at noon Thursday. As with the first, you’ll need to check if there are still open slots, which you can do by calling the library at 908-369-2200.
- You Need to Know Where to Excel: The also hosts the second part of its Introduction to Microsoft Excel at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Again, you’ll need to ensure there are open slots in the program by calling the library at 908-369-2200.