Washington and Lincoln's birthdays, which are today and next Monday, mean the won't be open—but that doesn't mean a gap in your reading schedule.
Instead, curl up with your e-reader and take advantage of the 's collection of e-books that can be downloaded without even leaving the house. About 8,000 titles in a variety of genres are available, whether you're looking for biographies, fantasy, mystery, reference or romance.
Of course, you'll need a library card in order to borrow the e-books, and you'll need the software that's associated with your e-reader in order to use the books. The Somerset County Library system has a guide to the process—and trouble-shooting—on its website.
Don't spend too much time browsing the titles when you're looking though. Items that you want to borrow are placed in a "cart" and will disappear after 30 minutes. And lending periods vary from title to title, though you can set up personal lending periods too.
Here's what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know About the Library: It’s closed today, in observance of Washington’s Birthday.
- You Need to Know About Township Offices: The is closed, but are still open. They’ll be closed next Monday, Feb. 20, in observance of President’s Day.
- You Need to Know About Cheese, Grommit: Rachel Simpers, in-store dietician, hosts a 11 a.m. workshop on—be it full fat, reduced fat or fat free. There will be samples, so cheese lovers take note.
- You Need to Know Where to Dine: that begins at 5 p.m. tonight and benefits . You’ll need to bring the flyer—which is in the event listing here, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org— in order for the company to get 10 percent of your bill.
- You Need to Know About Meetings: The meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. at .