It's a Saturday for service in Hillsborough Township.
While our weekend planner has a host of activities residents can look to for fun, many of Hillsborough's events focus on giving back.
And, for the most part, the events make giving back simple—many can be done in the course of normal errands, whereas others take advantage of cleaning out unwanted items.
Here's what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know to Stuff the Bus: The Hillsborough Township Food Pantry hosts a “” drive for non-perishable items from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at ShopRite. In addition to food, they’ll be collecting pet items and toiletries.
- You Need to Know About Birds: whether or not they’re the angry variety. hosts an at 8 a.m. today where participants will learn to identify rare birds. Space is limited, and the workshop is $15, so you’ll need to call 908-722-3700 to see if there’s space.
- You Need to Know About Clothes: and other household items. The from 10 a.m. to noon today at . They’ll receive a donation based on the poundage of items they collect, so bring the old baby items, unworn clothes and the like. Items will need to be placed in a tightly tied plastic bag.
- You Need to Know About Medicine: The will participate in the American Medicine Chest Challenge today. The challenge allows residents to dispose of their unused medicines safely and anonymously by bringing the containers to the Hillsborough Police Department.
- You Need to Know Where to Pack: , the Hillsborough-based charity, hosts its. The goal is to pack care boxes for troops spending the holidays overseas, so volunteers are needed. The organization requests that those helping out bring a donation for the boxes, so pick something up on the way to the post.