The Hillsborough Municipal Complex’s roof renovations continued Monday, as its new Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning unit was installed on the building.
The construction occurred while the building was closed for the President’s Day holiday. It’s part of a $2.1 million project that will replace the building roof, install the new HVAC system and place solar panels on the building.
The agreement, developed by Siemens, the Township's Energy Service Company, includes replacing the 20-year-old building roof and HVAC system, as well as installing newer energy technology. The project carries a $2,153,000 price tag, and will be funded through a $153,000 conservation block grant, and bond ordinances. The panels will have a 25-year warranty.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know About Taxes: The AARP Foundation will have tax representatives at the Hillsborough Public Library from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., offering free help to older taxpayers and people with limited incomes. You’ll need to call 908-541-5710 with questions and to determine whether you’re eligible for the service.
- You Need to Know It’s Toddler Time: The Hillsborough Public Library hosts a program that introduces children ages two and three to reading. Today’s 10 a.m. program is on babies, so you’ll want to secure a spot by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know It’s What’s for Dinner: Rachel Simpers, ShopRite’s in-store dietician, will be teaching residents how to choose the leanest and best cuts of beef beginning at 3 p.m. today. She’ll be by the meat department, so by sure to stop by.
- You Need to Know About Learning Adventures: Children in grades kindergarten through two can learn more about things that go during a 4 p.m. program at the Hillsborough Public Library. You’ll need to register your child for the program, which you can do by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know Where to Zumba: The first session of a six-week Zumba program at the Hillsborough Public Library begins at 7 p.m. tonight. Comfortable clothing and water is recommended, and RSVPing is required. Call the library at 908-369-2200 to sign up.