It goes without saying that hot days are not made for cooking.
Luckily, Hillsborough High School's robotics team, the RoboRaiders have a fundraiser today that will keep you out of the kitchen—and will help them fund next year's season.
If you're not familiar with the team, it has students designing, building and operating a robot that will compete in a game against robots from other schools. In addition to the engineering and design aspects, the team also creates and markets its efforts, emphasizing the business aspect of its operations.
The team also hosts several outreach events during its season, including a day aimed at getting girls into science, engineering and technology—fields where they're in the minority—sponsoring bike building events for the Trenton Boys and Girls club at their regional competition and hosting junior robotics competitions for intermediate and middle school kids.
So if you're looking for a break from cooking, be sure to take advantage of the fundraiser—the students will appreciate it, and it'll help them gain experience in business and outreach opportunities.
Here's what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know To Eat Out Tonight: Hillsborough High School’s RoboRaiders hosts a fundraiser at tonight from 5 to 9 p.m. The catch is that you’ll need to print the Applebee's flier (it's the image for this post) for the restaurant to donate 10 percent of your bill to the team. It's good for dine-in only, so stop by and support the students.
- You Need to Know About the Skies Over Hogwarts: Potter-mania continues with a 45-minute The show begins at 7:30 p.m. and includes how JK Rowling used astronomy to inspire characters’ names. Reservations are highly suggested, so call 908-231-8805 to arrange them. The show is $6 per person.
- You Need to Know It’s a Summer Movie: Miss No Strings Attached in the theater? The is showing it for free at 1:30 p.m. today.
- You Need to Know It’s Mama Mania: at the . . The program begins at 7 p.m., so call 908-369-2200 to let them know you’re coming.
- You Need to Know It’s Batty: at at 8:30 p.m. tonight. Advance registration for the free program—which includes information about bats’ habitat and lifestyle— is required, so call 908-722-3700 for information.