Welcome Back, Winter
Do a few warm days make the snap back to normal winter weather harder?
Well, it couldn't last forever.
After two days of wonderful, warm and—okay, I actually had a two-day long headache during it—mostly unseasonable weather, we're back to February. As I'm writing this, it's cold, dreary, wet and gray. In other words, normal February weather.
If you're superstitious, or just willing to ignore that six weeks until Spring and six weeks left in Winter are the same thing, you could blame the groundhog. But, then you have to ask—which groundhog do you consult? Punxsutawney Phil? Milltown Mel? Or, as we've heard from Hillsborough Massage Therapy, the more local Neshanic Station Fred (who did see his shadow earlier this month)!
Here's what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know About Stories: The Hillsborough Public Library hosts a special story time at 10 a.m. Saturday where two to six year-olds can hear about cars. You’ll need to check if there are still available slots in the program by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know About Football: The Hillsborough Dukes will have sign-ups for its cheer and football programs at 10 a.m. today at Hillsborough Elementary School and at Woodfern Elementary School.
- You Need to Know More About Football: The Hillsborough Junior Raiders also has sign-ups for its track, football and cheerleading programs set for 9 a.m. today at the Hillsborough Municipal Complex.
- You Need to Know About Art: Kreative Kids Art and Music Academy hosts an open art class from noon to 2 p.m. today. The $15 class allows kids to try many different types of art, including clay, paint, colored pencils, markers and more. Pre-registration is required though, so you’ll need to call them at 908-431-4439 by 10 a.m. Saturday to let them know you’re participating.
- You Need to Know About Firehouse Day: Hair Plus, the Salon hosts firehouse day from 2:30 to 5 p.m. today, that includes a firetruck show and tell, heart-health information and a fundraiser for the American Heart Association.