Where Do I Vote in Hillsborough?
Polling locations have moved in many cases due to Sandy’s impact. Find out where to go here.
Polling locations for many Hillsborough residents who plan to vote in the general election on Tuesday have been changed due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy.
Voting begins in the township at 6 a.m. Tuesday and polls close at 8 p.m.
For residents who normally report to six of the town’s 11 polling sites, voting will take place at the high school.
"Under the graciousness of school superintendent Jorden Schiff, he has offered Hillsborough High School as an alternative location for any of our local polling places that will not be available," Mayor Carl Suraci said on Thursday.
Suraci said Monday that there will be signs at the usual sites that have been impacted directing people to the high school. Those signs will also contain phone numbers for residents to call if they need to.
The following is a list of polling locations, along with the corresponding districts. Listed with the high school are the districts that normally report to other sites.
- Neshanic Reformed Church (1)
- Auten Road Intermediate School (15, 24, 32)
- Hillsborough Elementary School (4, 17,31)
- Hillsborough Middle School (6, 12, 16, 33
- Municipal Complex (3, 10, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28, 29)
- Hillsborough High School will be the voting site for those who normally vote at the following locations: Mary Mother of God Church (Voting Districts 2, 13, 14); Sunnymead School (Voting Districts 5, 7); Woodfern School (Voting Districts 8, 30); Wood Road School (Voting Districts 18, 22); Amsterdam School (Voting Districts 9, 11); Volunteer Fire Co. #3 (Voting Districts 20, 25, 27)
“We have been working with the school district and the county board of elections to determine a suitable plan for the election,” Hillsborough Acting Township Clerk Pamela Borek said Friday when the changes were announced.
On Thursday, Suraci said that six of the usual polling stations were still without power. Because of that, the township waited until noon Friday to give the final information to the county board of elections.