Vendor Fair, Bar Bands and Rising Real Estate are Talk of the Town
We asked our Facebook friends what they're talking to neighbors about.
We asked our friends on Hillsborough Patch's Facebook page what they are talking to their neighbors about, whether it was what they did over the weekend, an Academy-award nominated movie at Hillsborough Cinemas, or perhaps their new property tax assessments.
Here's what they posted:
- Erin Norbury said she is looking forward to seeing a band scheduled to play at Joey G's Bar and Grill this weekend, The Drunk Monkeys. Joey G's added the band starts at 10 p.m. Saturday—and thanked their patrons who came out for A Clever Con's performance.
- Rosa S. Calcado said she's been talking up the Woods Road Volunteer fire company's Vendor Fair, noon to 4 p.m, Sunday at the municipal building. The fair follows the fire company's fish dinner Friday. "Please come out and help support our great firefighters!!" she added.
- Pamela Snyder Zamory wanted to talk about Flair Dance Academy— "The newest dance and yoga center in Hillsborough." She noted the owner is the captain of the New Jersey Devils dancers.
- Jason Risoli said he's been talking to people about how home prices are starting to rise. Risoli is a Realtor with Prudential New Jersey Properties, so he's keeping a close eye on it.
- Lisa DiFabio Schubert noted tickets are on sale for Hillsborough High School's production of "Beauty and the Beast," which opens March 7 for two weekends. Ticket sales have been reported brisk, so be sure to head to hhstheatre.org to order yours. "Be our guest and get your tickets now!" DiFabio Schubert added.
- Premiere Dance of Hillsborough reported on their Competition Team's donation of 25 baskets filled with goodies and blankets, puzzles, socks, cards and more to the Hunderton Medical Center's Cancer Ward on Valentine's Day. "This is the fourth year doing so and each year it grows more and more thanks to the generous families we have!" they reported. Congratulations! What a great project...and you thought they only did twists and jumps at dance studios!
What about you? What are you talking to your neighbors about? Share your Talk of the Town in the comments box below, and on Hillsborough Patch's Facebook page—and watch for the discussion to continue next week.