Who says Valentine’s Day needs to be all love and flowers?
Let’s face it Hillsborough. Sometimes, love doesn’t exactly work out as planned. Whether it’s bad dates or a good intention that led to a bad outcome—like arranging a skiing trip and breaking your leg on the trip, or buying a gift that triggered your beau's allergies— everyone has stories about trying to find, impress or keep “the one”.
Some of those stories are pretty hilarious—in hindsight, of course.
That’s why Hillsborough Patch wants to hear our residents’ bad, unfortunate or funny stories from past dates, break-ups or attempts to impress their significant other. We'll feature the stories as part of our Valentines coverage—hey, it really isn't all love and flowers—that will run in the weeks leading up to the big day.
Interested in sharing? Email Editor Eileen.Oldfield@patch.com or call her at 908-552-9983 to set up an interview.
- You Need to Know About Art: A Hillsborough Public Library program introduces children ages four to six to art and great artists. The 10 a.m. program focuses on Vincent Van Gogh, and the kids will create their own masterpiece during the session, so play clothes are a must. Register for the workshop by calling the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know About Snow: Today is the deadline to register for Kreative Kids Art and Music Academy’s Snow Globe Gala that’s set for this Friday. You’ll need to call the center at 908-431-4439 to participate in the $7 program.
- You Need to Know Where to Volunteer: The Hillsborough Public Library has a volunteer opportunity for children in grades eight to 12 leading its Lego club on Saturday. Space is limited to five volunteers per session, so you’ll want to ensure you snag a spot by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14. Not sure you can make it? The library asks that library may ask 'no shows' or those that don't fulfill Lego Buddy requirements to not return for another session, so keep that in mind.
- You Need to Know About Legos: Love Legos, but not old enough to volunteer? Kids in grades three to five can attend the Hillsborough Public Library’s Lego Club at 3 p.m. on Saturday. The library provides the Legos, so it requests that participants leave their creations at home. Advance registration is required, and can be made by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know About V-Day: Stuck on traditional, romantic spots for Valentines? You want to begin looking into restaurants now. Stumped on a spot? Check our list of Hillsborough restaurants for ideas.