T-Minus 36 Hours Until Super Bowl
Pig Skin Bonanza, The Big Game. No matter what you call it, it's one day until the Super Bowl!
It is just a little over 24 hours away.
The Big Game. The Showdown in Colts-Town. The Pig Skin Bonanza in Indiana.
OK, no one is calling the Super Bowl any of those names, but perhaps they will one day.
NJ is the true home to the NY Giants, despite what their helmets read, and as such expect long lines at the grocery and liquor stores today, because as we all know, beer and chips and pretzels and beer and wings and beer and pizza and beer all go hand-in-hand with football. We at Patch remind you to drink responsibility and never drive while impaired.
Prior to the Pandemonium at Lucas Oil Stadium (you try rhyming something with Lucas Oil Stadium), be sure to get your future Lombardi Trophy hopefuls and their cheerleading counterparts registered for our Pop Warner Hillsborough Dukes at the Hillsborough Elementary School at 435 Route 206.
Here's what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know It’s Radio Control: Atom’s Radio Control Club hosts its first-ever swap meet at 9 a.m. in the Hillsborough Municipal Complex. 70 vendors are scheduled to attend and there’s an auction too. It’s $5 to enter, though kids under 12 get in free.
- You Need to Know About Stories: The Hillsborough Public Library hosts a special story time for children ages two to six at 10 a.m. today. It’s all about shapes and sizes and you’ll want to call the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14 to see if there are still open spots.
- You Need to Know About Art: The Learning Experience at 2176 Route 206 in Montgomery hosts a Winter Arts Festival that’s meant for children ages one to nine. It begins at 10 a.m. and involves crafts, cocoa, and treats.
- You Need to Know About Football: The Hillsborough Dukes will host a football and cheerleading registration from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hillsborough Elementary School. You’ll want to bring your checkbook when you go, to take advantage of the early registration pricing.
- You Need to Know About YuGiOh: The Comic Café, 41 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, hosts a YuGiOh tournament that begins at noon and runs until 3 p.m. It’s $4 to enter and there’s a chance to win some prizes.