St. Patrick's Day Coming in Style to Somerset County
We've got your list of meals, music to fill the day.
Sometimes there's just not enough days to go around, but each week we'll give you an idea of something to do to relax, spend time with family or just take some time for yourself.
And now that March is here, we’re getting a jump start on preparing you for the fun of St. Patrick’s Day, with a list of specials and events happening all throughout Somerset County.
- With Monsignor Seamus Brennan as grand marshal, Somerville will host its 22nd annual Saint Patrick’s Day Parade March 10, with the parade beginning at 1:30 p.m. Parade sponsors this year include Willie McBride’s, Houlihan’s, Somerset Medical Center and more.
- Applebee’s of Hillsborough will be offering special dishes and drinks from March 15 through March 17 at the restaurant, with dishes that include corned beef and cabbage, and corned beef reuben and fries. The restaurant is also offering green bean crispers and its brew pub pretzels and beer cheese dip. Drinks will include Miller Lite drafts, Irish coffees and Mucho Sangrias, with a signature Red Apple Sangria.
- "Joey O'G's" will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day from March 15 through March 17 with $3 pints of Guinness, Smithwick’s, Killian’s Irish Red, as well as special prices on Miller Lite Pints, Irish Car Bombs, Jameson Irish Whiskey Shots, and Irish Coffees, Irish food specials. The popular bar and restaurant will also offer give-a-ways and feature Irish music.
- Chimney Rock Inn is having three days of special music leading up to St. Patrick’s Day, with Dicey Riley on March 10, Bloody Callan on March 14 and Mace Gill on March 17. Plus, there will be a special menu from March 8 through March 17, including a cooked corned beef platter, cabbage, broiled white potatoes, Guinness beef pot pie, homemade Irish soda bread, Bailey’s Irish cream cheesecake and several Irish beers.
- Green Knoll Grille is offering live music on March 17, along with all-you-can-eat corned beef and cabbage, $3 Guinness pins, a Jameson Irish whiskey tasting and much more.
- Willie McBride’s, on Route 28 in Branchburg, is hosting Irish music with Whiskey Porter from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 17, complete with its already very Irish menu.
This article was edited to correct details on the specials at Joey G's.