Snow Fun, While Staying Indoors
Celebrate the snow without the need for boots, mittens and other outdoor necessities.
Snow's on the ground, but a Friday activity aims to put it in kids' hands.
In addition to the globes that gave the event its name, children can also create snowflake prints.
Here's what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know About Nutrition: The Hillsborough Public Library hosts Monday Morning for Moms, a program for parents and caregivers at 10 a.m. today. The topic for discussion is Nutrition for Kids. Children up to three years old are invited to attend, and toys will be provided for them to play. You’ll want to let them know you’re coming, which can be done by calling the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know About Bears: A Hillsborough Public Library program introduces children ages four, five and six to bears. It’s set for 1 p.m. and you’ll want to call the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14, to let them know you’re coming.
- You Need to Know Where to Get Fit: Still committed to that New Year’s Resolution? There are walk-in classes at both the Circus Place and at Powerhouse Gym.
- You Need to Know About Advance Notice: Kreative Kids Art and Music Academy hosts a Snow Globe Gala at 5:45 p.m. Friday, where children are welcome to make snow globes from old jars. It’s $7 to attend, but you’ll need to register for it by Wednesday. Call 908-431-4439 to register.
- You Need to Know About Education: The Board of Education meets at 7:30 p.m. tonight in the Auten Road Intermediate School cafeteria.