Science Skills On Display
A science fair tests students' knowledge and presentation skills.
How are your science skills?
The Hillsborough RoboRaiders and Hillsborough Public Library will co-host a science fair for students in grades five through eight on March 8. The fair begins at 4 p.m. and runs until 9 p.m.
Judges will award prizes for various categories, and topics include chemistry, ecosystems, electricity, mixtures and solutions, genetics, and the environment.
Children are permitted to enter solo, with a partner or in a group of three, but must sign up with a project description. They can do that by calling the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, ext. 14.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know it’s Toddler Time: The Hillsborough Public Library hosts a program meant to get two to three year olds excited about reading that begins at 10 a.m. today. The topic is bears, and you’ll want to secure a spot by calling the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know It’s Heart Health Month: and ShopRite’s in-store dietician will be leading a heart-healthy store tour at 10 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. today. Questions and RSVPs can be directed to Rachel Simpers at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- You Need to Know About One-Stop Shopping: Suey’s Scents, on Main Street in Three Bridges, hosts a Valentine’s Day Shop from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Feb. 12. The sale includes gift baskets, personal care items, jewelry and more.
- You Need to Know It’s for Teens: The Library’s Teen Advisory Board meets at 7 p.m. tonight. If your teen’s interested in planning upcoming library activities or just hearing about what’s in the works, make sure they RSVP by calling the Children’s Desk at 908-269-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know Where to Zumba: The first session of a six-week Zumba program at the Hillsborough Public Library begins at 7 p.m. tonight. Comfortable clothing and water is recommended, and RSVPing is required. Call the library at 908-369-2200 to sign up.