Residents Escape Homestead Road Overnight Fire
Fireplace likely cause of blaze that caused 'no significant injuries,' police said.
Residents escaped without "significant injuries" from a Homestead Road residential fire early Thursday morning, Hillsborough Police said.
The fire appeared to have started in the area of a first-floor fireplace at about 3:30 a.m., police said. When responders arrived at the scene, there was a smoke condition observed throughout the home and the residents were evacuated, police said.
The Hillsborough Fire Department extinguished the blaze. The home was deemed uninhabitable, police said. The fire is under investigation by the Hillsborough Fire Safety Bureau buy does not appear to be suspicious, police said.
The Hillsborough Fire Department, fire stations Nos. 36, 37 and 38, Hillsborough Rescue Squad and Hillsborough OEM, along with Manville, Neshanic, Montgomery, Franklin (Millstone Valley) and Bridgewater fire departments, Hillsborough Fire Safety, Hillsborough Construction Department and PSE&G all responded to the scene.