Debate Team Holds Rummage Sale Fundraiser
Team fundraiser kicks off Saturday activities.
There’s no debate about it—if you’re looking to satisfy garage-sale shopping urges, the Hillsborough Debate Team’s Rummage Sale is the place to be.
The annual sale is the award-winning team’s biggest fundraiser, and is set for 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Hillsborough High School. The supporter—or residents looking to offload that lamp/figure/curio that seemed like a good buy in college (Hey, it’s vintage!)—donate the goods, and proceeds from the sale help offset the travel costs that come with going to debate competitions.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know About Robots: The Hillsborough Public Library hosts Robodyssey, a 10 a.m. to midnight program that provides students in grades four to six with robots they can program with Visual Basic. You’ll need to make sure there are still spots available in the program, which can be done by calling the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know More About Robots: Who says seventh- through 12th-graders can’t have some fun? The Hillsborough Public Library hosts a second Robodyssey program for children in those graders from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. today. Like the first program, you’ll need to secure a slot by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know About Football: The Hillsborough Dukes will have sign-ups for its cheer and football programs at 9:30 a.m. today at Sunnymead Elementary School.
- You Need to Know About Flapjacks: You can help the Hillsborough Heat Baseball teams by attending a pancake fundraiser at Applebees from 8 to 10 a.m. today. $8 gets a breakfast of pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs and a beverage.
- You Need to Know About Dresses: Special occasion coming up? Head to Project Graduation’s Dress Sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at Hillsborough High School. You’ll be able to peruse gently worn formal and semi-formal dresses, all priced at $50 or lower.