Heading Away from Hillsborough, Temporarily
An impromptu trip has Eileen asking for story leads early.
I’m taking a break from Hillsborough for part of this week.
Don’t worry, it’s not that I’m sick of the town or neglecting you, Patchfans. My uncle, Ken Baker, died last Thursday of complications of frontotemporal dementia, a disease that’s like Alzheimer’s. As a result, I’ll be away from Hillsborough for a few days while attending the wake and funeral.
Of course, life at Patch will continue even though I’m not in town! We’ll have coverage from events in and around town for the days that I’m away from town.
Here’s what you need to know while Eileen is away from Hillsborough:
- You Need to Know: I’ll be in Hillsborough on Monday, so please let me know if you have a potential article by calling me at 908-552-9983 or emailing Eileen.Oldfield@patch.com .
- You Need to Know: I will be leaving for Ohio on Tuesday morning. You can post events to the site following the directions here. If you’re alerting me about a potential article, please email Eileen.Oldfield@patch.com.
- You Need to Know: My phone will be off during the funeral on Wednesday, so please leave a message and I will get back to you. If your concern is an urgent one, please call Regional Editor Mike Pignataro at 973-917-9561.
- You Need to Know: I will be traveling back from Ohio on Thursday.
- You Need to Know: I will be back at work Friday.