Head to Sales, Celebrations or Fundraisers
The weekend's here but the schedule's full!
Welcome to the weekend, Hillsborough! With fundraisers in town and nearby this weekend, we found a mix of stay-home activities and out-of-town fun.
- You Need to Know What Not To Wear: And where not to spend a ton for it. The Project Graduation Dress Sale has both formal dresses and tuxes, and nothing’s more than $50. It runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the high school.
- You Need to Know It’s the First Saturday of the Month: And that means residents can drop off textiles, tires, scrap metal, antifreeze and usual curbside materials off for recycling at the county recycling center on Polhemus Lane in Bridgewater from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Consumer electronics including computers, televisions, printers, telecommunication equipments, VCRs, etc will be accepted. Food donations for the county food bank will be accepted as well. For a complete listing of recyclable items visit www.co.somerset.nj.us/recycle.html or contact 732-469-3363 for further information.
- You Need to Know Fit and Firm is Havnig an Open House: from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Route 206 gym. The gym will be open for workouts, product samples and class demos.
- You Need to Know Where to Find a Taste of Italy: Home for Good Dog Rescue will be hosting a spaghetti and meatball dinner from 7 to 11 p.m. in Stirling. It requires at $35 event donation and is in the Long Hill Community Center on 264 Warren Ave, Stirling, NJ.
- You Need to Know How to Handle Hoboken St. Pat’s: Good thing our friends over at Hoboken Patch prepared two essential lists for you, one from the police chief and the other one bar hopping essentials. Advice from Hillsborough Patch: To go there, take the train to Newark and PATH to Hoboken. No parking, very little driving, and you can call a cab home from the Somerville station.