Sutphin Lane Home Uninhabitable After Kitchen Fire
Resident escaped without injury, blaze likely not suspicious, police said.
A Sutphin Lane residence was deemed uninhabitable after a fire broke out in the home's kitchen Tuesday afternoon, Hillsborough Police said.
The resident was able to exit the home safely and no injuries were sustained, police said.
The cause of the fire, which broke out at about 2:30 p.m., remains under investigation but does not appear to be suspicious, police said.
The Hillsborough Rescue Squad, Unit 36 Fire Co., Unit 37 Fire Co., Unit 48 Fire Co., the Hillsborough Fire Safety Bureau and the Hillsborough Construction Official responded to the scene.