Busy Weekend, Lazy Monday?
Who are we kidding? Mondays are always a drag.
I was all set to write about how the weekend was so busy that Monday almost seems like a break.
Then I came to my senses. Or drank more coffee, I'm not sure which.
Mondays are just not fun days, regardless of whether you had an easy weekend or a busy one.
Here's what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know Where to Tee Off: Hillsborough Volunteer Fire Co. No. 3 hosts its 12th annual golf outing at Royce Brook Golf Club today. The event runs from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and costs $130 to participate.
- You Need to Know Where to Get a Sneak Peek: The Hillsborough Public Library offers a sneak peek at new books for students in grades six through 12 today. The event begins at 5 p.m. and will be held in the library’s conference room.
- You Need to Know About Animal Babies: Lord Stirling Park’s Environmental Education Center offers a program on how animal parents raise their babies. The workshop will be lead by a naturalist and begins at 10:30 a.m. It costs $10 per child and parent pair and $5 for each additional child. Call 908-766-2489 to register.
- You Need to Know Knitting is an In Thing: Want to learn how to knit? A knitting group will be held at the Bridgewater Barnes and Noble at 10 a.m. today. Not a knitter? Those who want to meet and chat with friends are welcome too.
- You Need to Know These Aren’t Garden-Variety Plants: Lord Stirling Park’s Environmental Education Center has a trip to Well Sweep Herb Gardens Tuesday that will allow them to shop for plants that aren’t available at normal nurseries. The trip leaves at 8:30 a.m. and a $25 donation is suggested. Call 908-766-2489 to register.