Broadway Comes to Hillsborough With HHS Show
The weekend's full of events in and around town.
The Phantom of the Opera likely isn't in anyone in Hillsborough's mind, but he's coming to the stage at Hillsborough High School today. It's the opening night of the school's annual musical, with the Hillsborough students being among the first high school productions to tackle Broadway's longest-running show.
Don't worry if musical theater's not your thing. There are plenty of other activities happening around town for those who aren't big on the stage:
- You Need to Know Not to Head to NY for Broadway: It's opening night for Hillsborough High School's production of Phantom of the Opera. At $10 per ticket, it's theater at a steal.
- You Need to Know Where to Get Some Culture: Hillsborough High School's annual Shelter from the Storm event happens tomorrow, with a multi cultural fair that begins at noon. Admission is free, though there is a small fee for games and food. Proceeds benefit charity. Check back later today for an article on what the event will have.
- You Need to Know Where to Bust a Move: Or where to let your fifth and sixth graders do it. St. Joseph's Church and Parish Center is hosting a dance tonight from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Yorktown Road Church.
- You Need to Know You Said It: Starting March 28, Hillsborough Patch will have a daily video feature called You Said It. That means we'll pick (or devise) a question each week and then ask residents what they think about it. Have a question you want us to ask? Email Eileen.Oldfield@patch.com . Want to be on a video? Email Eileen.Oldfield@patch.com so we can make it happen!
- You Need to Know Eileen Is On Vacation Part of Next Week: Yup, I'm taking a short break from Hillsborough. The site will still be updated and we'll have someone here for breaking news (more on that on Tuesday). If you have an event that's happening from March 16-21, or an event that needs a preview article during that time span, please email Eileen.Oldfield@patch.com ASAP. While I will be checking my email during vacation, I won't be checking it frequently and can't guarantee that I can get someone out I find out about it last-minute. Advance notice = happy editor = better article and publicity for you!