Branching Out to the Town Dump
Got branches? Get rid of them!
Need to get rid of fallen branches that are still littering your lawn after the October snowstorm?
Residents should know that the township dump, located on Auten Road near the railroad tracks, is open today, Friday and Saturday for residents to drop off branches and brush. It’s open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on weekdays and 7 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Permits are not required for the branch and brush drop off, though residents will need to provide proof that they live in town to enter.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know It’s for Moms: The Hillsborough MOMS Club West meets at 9:45 a.m. today. Since the location shifts each time, you’ll need to email their membership chair-mom email@example.com if you’re interested in joining the club.
- You Need to Know About Crafts: An afternoon craft session at the Hillsborough Public Library is geared toward four, five and six year olds and takes place at 10 a.m. The craft?? Turkey hats! You’ll want to call the Children’s Desk at 908-369-2200, extension 14 to let them know you’re coming.
- You Need to Know Where to Walk: Duke Farms hosts a wonder walk for families that focuses on the changes plants and animals undergo to prepare for winter. The walk begins at 1:30 p.m., and is $8 per person, with a $20 threshold for families. Space is limited, so you’ll want to call 908-722-3700 to reserve your slot.
- You Need to Know It’s Free: A free legal advice clinic is set for 7 p.m. at 20 Grove Street in Somerville. Appointments aren’t necessary, but it’s recommended to arrive as close to 7 p.m. as possible.
- You Need to Know About Comedy: Maestro206 hosts an open mic comedy night that begins at 7 p.m. tonight, and has no cover to get in. Aspiring comics and old pros are welcome to share their jokes for a chance to win some prizes.