Board Seeks Budget Input
Board seeks budget input as it develops next year's school budget.
The school election is months away, but it’s already the time for residents to express their thoughts on the school budget.
It’s been the Board of Education’s custom to ask for resident input as budget development begins, and, according to many committee reports, members are looking at preliminary numbers. As a result, the Board’s began its annual input call-out.
At each meeting leading up to its budget vote, the board will ask for residents' comments on the budget. Meetings are 7:30 p.m. on Feb 13 and 27, March 12 and 26, and April 2, and are held in the Auten Road Intermediate School Cafeteria.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know It’s Toddler Time: The Hillsborough Public Library hosts a program for children ages two and three that introduces them to books. The 10 a.m. program focuses on bundling up for cold weather. You’ll need to register for the program by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know Where to Join the Circus: The Circus Place offers a class for toddlers that uses circus skills to teach balance and coordination. The class is at 10 a.m. and is $12 per session.
- You Need to Know Where to Rhyme: Newborns, infants and their parents can attend a nursery rhyme program at 10:30 a.m. in the Hillsborough Public Library. You’ll need to register for the 20-minute program by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know Where to Snack and Study: Students in grades nine to 12 have a place to study for midterms courtesy of the Hillsborough Public Library. The program room will be open to students in those grades at 5 p.m. today. They’ll provide snacks during the study session, but teens will need to register by calling 908-369-2200, extension 14.
- You Need to Know About Meetings: The Township Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. in the Municipal Courtroom.